Saturday, September 22, 2012

Baclofen pump success!

Huhhhmmmph! This is only the third today I've tried to write this blog. Everything else kicks me off, making me start.. Over.
Okay, I'll try to make this quick. Baclofen is a muscle relaxant. The pump was surgically implanted into my left side front, below my ribs. The hose is internal, ending as a catheter inserted directly into my spinal column, giving me a constant dose. My neurologist wants me to continue taking my same oral meds (Baclofen, Tizanadine, which is another muscle relaxant, and the painkillers Tramadol and Methadone), just to figure what my eventual dose will be. The pump will have to be refilled about every 6 weeks, depending on the established dose. It gets filled with a syringe, through the skin and a little port on the pump. They adjust the pump through the skin with an wand. Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, if it's apropos. Ask questions!! 📖✏📐📚📜 (LEARN)